Benjamin Hulett is well known to Canterbury Choral Society audiences. He has performed:
- Rachmaninov The Bells
- Bach St Matthew Passion
- Haydn Nelson Mass
- Tippett A Child of Our Time
- Monteverdi 1610 Vespers
- Bach B minor Mass
- Handel Israel in Egypt and Messiah
- Ben also sang tenor in Benjamin Britten War Requiem in Canterbury Cathedral.
Ben is currently reading for a Master’s degree in Musicology at Oxford Brookes University. He trained on the Opera Course at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. He was a choral scholar at New College, Oxford.
He was principal tenor at the Hamburg State Opera from 2005-2009. He has made debuts in major roles at the Salzburg Festival and Baden Baden Festivals, Theater an der Wien, Bayerische Staatsoper Munich, Opera Holland Park and Opera North. Ben made his debut with Welsh National Opera as Tamino in Mozart’s Magic Flute. He made his debut with the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden in Puccini’s Manon Lescaut.
Ben appears on many discs and DVDs:
- He was involved in the Gramophone Award winning NMC Songbook project.
- His recording of works by Richard Rodney Bennett was a Gramophone Awards finalist.
- His premiere recording of Gouvy’s lphigenie en Tauride received the highest honour from the French recording industry, the Orphee d’Or.
- Departures, his first recital disc, was celebrated by the international press.
- Look out for further recital disks:
- Kalitke Die Besessennen
- Beethoven Missa Solemnis with Phillippe Herreweghe
- Mendelssohn edition of Acis and Galatea
- Handel Alceste for Christian Curnyn
- Strauss Salome